If storytelling is an art, marketing is the science that makes it resonate.
By our reckoning (not to mention it says so on the spreadsheet), we produced just shy of 50 posts for our Bacon Bits blog in 2017. We could have produced more – a whole lot more – but we were too busy producing more than 1300 pieces of content for more than 50 clients.
Marketing is hard work, especially if you’re going to do it right. We start off with the belief that successful marketing is passionate storytelling, getting to the “WHY” of things – rather than rolling around in glitter and jiggling to the cuchi-cuchi features-and-benefit dance.
If storytelling is an art, marketing is the science that makes it resonate. Our Bacon Bits in 2017 can be broken down into the categories which support both the art and the science. Here’s your year’s supply, sorted into tasty courses for your further digestion.
- To Blog or Not to Blog: It’s No Longer a Question
- Surprising Blog Statistics That Can Help You Increase Readership
- You Can Be WebMD Too: Creating Content People are Searching for
- Why Doctors (And Other Professionals) Need to Blog
- 4 Rules for Creating an Effective Blog on Your Website
- Why Fake News is All the Rage
- The Meteoric Rise of User-Generated Content
- Know Thy Audience: Tell Them What They Want to Know, Not What You Want Them to Hear
- More Isn’t Always Better: Choose Quality Over Quantity When It Comes to Content
- From Strangers to Promoters: How to Make It Through the Four Stages of Evolution
- Toilet Paper Roll Content: How Controversy Creates Content That Spikes Traffic
- Your Brand: Why Storytelling Should be the Foundation of Your Growth Strategy
- From Visible to Viral: 10 Ways to Push Your Content Further
- Why You’re Better Off Outsourcing Content Creation
- Content Not Working?
- Feed Your Head to Improve Your Content Marketing Strategy
- The Benefits Of Outsourcing Your Content Marketing
- Just Starting a Business? How to Get Your Content Marketing Right from Day One
- Upselling Is Only Sleazy if You Make It That Way
- Growing Grumbles: Why You Should Encourage Customers to Complain
- The More You Know: Upselling is Just Another Word for Educating
- Back for More: What’s Currently Working Best in Retention Strategy?
- “Would You Mind Repeating That?” How to Cultivate Brand Evangelists and Enlist Their Help with Inbound Marketing
- ContentBacon Supports the Million Dollar Women Summit With Highly Targeted Content That Converts
- Create Lasting Customer Relationships by Answering These 7 Crucial Questions
- What You Need to Know About Drip Email Campaigns
- HTML: Is It Worth It?
- The 5 Most Effective Words you Should Put in Your Next Email
- The Curious Occurrence of the Sentence Case Subject Line
- 6 Best Practices to Light Up Your Landing Page Conversion Rates
- Put those blinders on: Why landing pages work.
- The Jedi Mind Trick that Converts Leads into Customers
- Why CRM Tools Aren’t What You Need to Help You Turn Leads into Customers
- Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About CRM Lead Generation but Were Afraid to Ask
- Question Marketing: Can You Answer the Questions of Your Best-Qualified Leads?
- Meet the Imaginary People Who Hold the Key to Attracting Qualified Leads
- What’s the future of SEO? Just Ask.
- Pure and Natural: What’s So Special About Organic SEO Search Traffic?
- Why Doesn't Anyone Like Me? What the Latest Social Algorithms Mean for Your Organic Postings.
- Why You Should Use LinkedIn Published Articles (And How to Do It Right)
- You Have Over a Bazillion Social Media Followers. Can You Convert Them into Customers?
- Sharing is caring: How social media can turbocharge traffic generation
- Thought Leaders Are Made, Not Born. Here’s How to Become One.
- It’s the Story that Sells: Not the Facts
- Want to be a Thought Leader? It’s All About Perspective, Not Product.
- Thought Leadership is the Same as Reputation? Why Didn’t You Just Say So!?
- It’s Not That Obvious! The Danger of Assuming Your Site Visitors Know What to Do
- Traffic Quality Versus Quantity: Focusing on ‘Better’ instead of More
- Traffic Cop: The Pros and Cons of Generating Targeted Traffic to Your Website Using Paid Services