Finding a successful SEO team can be the difference in results.
It'll take more than a simple internet search to find an SEO company that can help you optimize your website for search. JLB Florida provides key insights into how to find an SEO company that will actually increase your website's success. In a world where consumers heavily rely on the internet to search for a variety of resources – places to visit, restaurants to dine at, online shopping, directions, job opportunities, hiring businesses – it’s so important for businesses to have a dominant internet presence and a high-ranking website. Competition spreads far and wide throughout the vast internet, so in order to ascend above rival businesses, it’s pertinent to have an expert team of SEO specialists to aid in the advancement of your brand. SEO, search engine optimization, is a series of strategies that are utilized in order to drive up the quality and quantity of incoming traffic to a business’ website to achieve a high-ranking position in search results. With that being said, finding the most successful SEO team to help further increase your business’ success far surpasses a simple internet search and selecting the first company that pops up on your screen. It takes ample research, multiple consultations and interviews, and credible references; this is a task that shouldn’t be done haphazardly. So, whether you are on the hunt to hire the best SEO firm to assist you with increasing your website’s success, or want to employ an individual, first-rate SEO guru to expand your web presence internally, there are many things to consider in order to select the most successful option.
Finding the perfect SEO team
In order to take your business to the next level, spread brand awareness, and drive up traffic to your site, you need to hire the most experienced team of SEO experts. Here are a few tips to help you in the selection of your professional SEO team:
- Determine the type of SEO management needed: Before you can dive in and search through the large pool of candidates, you must decide the type of SEO management you need, first. Does your business need PPC (pay-per-click) management, linking building, link removal, content creation, or retargeting? Or, are you simply looking to receive a single SEO audit in order to obtain information on your website’s overall function and generated traffic? Perhaps you are in the market for reputation management and ongoing SEO? There are endless SEO options to consider for your website. Sometimes, the best way to determine which SEO tactics will be most beneficial for your business is by looking at the larger picture. Before making any decisions, take a moment and think about where you want your business to be in the next 6 months to a year. By what percentage do you want your sales to reach? How many leads do you want to generate? Is there a certain product or service you want to sell more of? By asking yourself these questions, you will be able to better determine the amount of SEO management that is needed.
- Ask around for referrals: Sometimes, the best way to find reputable SEO specialists is through word of mouth. Do you have a friend, family, or fellow entrepreneur that you know have owns a business, has a website, and has hired SEO specialists to assist them with an online presence? If so, ask them what company they used, the type of work that was done for them, if they were successful, and whether or not they would recommend them for the job that you need to be done. Don’t stop at one, though. See how many referrals you can collect and then conduct research on those companies. When talking to other businesses, be sure that they are non-competitive e-commerce companies who won’t give you false information in order to stay top ranking; competitive businesses can be ruthless.
- Conduct an internet search: Although it is not recommended to base your SEO choice off of which company is first on the list of Internet searches, it doesn’t hurt to explore the options locally and nationally. When searching the web for reputable SEO companies, here are a few things to keep an eye on:
- Is their website well-built and easy for consumers to navigate?
- What type of reviews do they have on their website and online as a whole: e.g., Yelp reviews, Google reviews, etc.?
- What is their search ranking?
- What companies have they worked for in the past? Are they familiar with your type of brand?
Going through these questions will help you to narrow down your search and select the SEO team that will be most beneficial to you. If you decided to ask around for referrals, compare them to your search results and see if any of them were presented. You can also apply the above criteria to your referrals in an effort to weed out the ones that are least suitable.
- Start the consultation process: You can only get so far with the Internet and friendly referrals. Once you have narrowed down your potential candidates, it’s time to start making calls and setting up appointments for consultations. The best ways to get the answers you need is by meeting in person. Make sure you have a list of questions at the ready for each of your consultations. Here are some great questions to ask in your meetings:
- What is your pricing like? Your contract policy?
- What SEO practices and procedures do you normally use?
- Which SEO strategy would you use for my line of work?
Of course, you will have more specific questions drawn up depending on your business and the type of SEO you are looking for. In many cases, SEO and digital marketing firms will allow free consultations in an effort to impress their potential customers and ultimately, persuade you to join efforts.
By following the recommended tips above, you will surely be on your way towards hiring the perfect, reputable SEO team that will help you, your business, and your website achieve great success, high traffic, and fantastic search engine rankings.
About the Author
Devon Gluck is the Senior Content Writer at JLB Florida, a Fort Lauderdale-based digital marketing firm. In 2016, Devon graduated from York College of Pennsylvania with a bachelor’s degree in Professional and Technical Writing with a concentration in Spanish and Creative Writing. You can connect with her and follow her writing on LinkedIn.